Friday, March 26, 2010

So I finally have a rough itinerary.

I'm leaving today to go to Chittorgarh, Rajasthan to work with the Prayas project (http://www.prayaschittor.org/). I'll take an 8 hour bus from Dehardun to Delhi and an overnight train to Chittorgarh, arriving tomorrow morning. I will stay with the Prayas project until April 20th, when I leave on an overnight train to Delhi, arriving the next morning. I'll stay in Delhi until April 23rd, at which point I'll fly to Bangalore and stay the weekend with Aman (my cousin). On April 26th, I'll start working with the Vivekananda Girijana Kalyana Kendra/Karuna Trust (www.vgkk.org and karunatrust.com), in the B.R. Hills (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biligirirangan_Hills). I'll then somehow get from Bangalore to Mumbai on May 15th, and stay with all my relatives. On May 19th, I'll fly to Dharamsala, and begin working with CORD (www.chinmayamission.org/cord.php). I'll finish working with CORD on June 13th, when Ariel will also arrive in Dharamsala. We'll bounce around various places in the North until June 27th, when we fly back to the US from Delhi.

Hooray! I was planning on taking ridiculously long train 2-day train rides in place of some of these flights, but all the trains are booked crazy in advance, especially as May is peak holiday season. On the plus side, it gives me time to hang out more with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment